Dennis Hastert released from prison after serving just 13 months behind bars for paying out hush money to hide his sexual abuse of young boys
- Former Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert was released from federal prison in Minnesota on Monday night
- Hastert, 75, was sentenced to 15 months behind bars for violating federal banking laws by paying out $1.7 million to a former sexual abuse victim
- He pleaded guilty to the charge and admitted to molesting five minors between 1965 and 1981 while working as a high school teacher and wrestling coach
- Hastert also admitted to the ‘intentional touching of minors’ groin area and genitals or oral sex with a minor’
- In sentencing him the judge in the case declared Hastert a ‘serial child molester’
- He will not have to register as a sex offender but will undergo sex offender treatment
Dennis Hastert was released from a federal prison in Minnesota on Monday after 13 months behind bars and returned home to Illinois.
The former Speaker of the House was sentence back in 2016 for paying $1.7 million to one of the five teenage boys he admittedly molested while working as a teacher and wrestling coach from 1965 to 1981 at Yorkville High Scool.