Suspect sobs as his bond is set at $75 MILLION for ‘murdering mother and two daughters by slitting one’s throat, strangling one sister with a phone chord and smothering the other before lining them up side by side in bed’
- George Brinkman is accused of murdering Suzanne Taylor and her daughters Taylor, 21, and Kylie, 18, at their home in North Royalton, Ohio
- Prosecutors say he slashed the mother’s throat, strangled her teenage daughter with a phone chord and smothered her 21-year-old sister
- The women were found lying face down, side-by-side by Taylor Pifer’s boyfriend
- He and Taylor had been friends for years but relatives of the victim say he wanted them to become romantically involved
- Brinkman appeared for his first court appearance on Thursday in an orange jumpsuit and protective vest
- He wept as a judge set his bond at $75million for the triple murders
- Brinkman is also suspected in the deaths of Gene and Bobbi John, his ex-‘s parents who were found shot dead in their home in North Cranton, Ohio, on Monday
- He had been house-sitting for the couple when they returned home from a vacation on Sunday
- He was arrested 50 miles from the scene of the first murders on Tuesday after an eight-hour standoff with police
An alleged serial killer charged with murdering a mother and her two daughters at their Ohio home last week sobbed in court on Thursday as prosecutors recounted how he used a different twisted method to kill each of the women.
Prosecutors say George Brinkman slit the throat of 45-year-old of Suzanne Taylor, smothered her 21-year-old daughter Taylor Pifer and strangled her youngest daughter, 18-year-old Kylie Pifer, at their house in North Royalton on Saturday.
The women were found lined up side by side, lying face down in a bed inside the home when Taylor’s boyfriend went to check on them the following day.
Their bodies were ‘cold to the touch’ and they may have been dead for more than 24 hours, a newly released police report reveals.
Friends later revealed that Brinkman and Taylor were long-term friends and had graduated high school together. Her relatives said that he was interested in her romantically, wanting ‘more’ from their friendship.
Brinkman, 45, was arrested on Tuesday morning in Brunswick, Ohio, 50 miles away after an eight-hour siege with police.
At Thursday’s court hearing – his first appearance since he was arrested following an eight-hour standoff with police on Tuesday – his bond was set at $75million.
He is also suspected for the murders of his former girlfriend’s parents, Gene and Bobbi John, who he was house-sitting for near his home in North Cranton.
Scroll down for video