simons been set up

Former Labour MP Simon Danczuk arrives at police station to face claims he raped a woman in Westminster offices

  • The former Member of Parliament, 50, accused of raping young woman last year
  • Danczuk who represented Rochdale slammed the allegations as ‘wholly untrue’
  • The 50-year-old quit Labour on Monday after he was banned from election
  • Today, father-of-four was pictured walking in to a police station in London 
Former Labour MP Simon Danczuk today faced claims he raped a woman in Westminster offices

Former Labour MP Simon Danczuk today faced claims he raped a woman in Westminster offices

Former Labour MP Simon Danczuk today faced claims he raped a woman in Westminster offices.

The politician, 50, who quit the Labour party last week after he was banned from standing in the election, is alleged to have assaulted a young woman last year.

Today, the father-of-four was pictured arriving at Holborn Police Station in London, where he was quizzed for the first time since the allegations were made.

It’s understood that Danczuk went to the police station voluntarily this morning.

He told MailOnline: ‘I completely refute these allegations. They are wholly untrue.

‘I’m extremely suspicious of the timing when these were made. I am concerned these could be politically motivated.’

Danczuk was not arrested or charged and the police confirmed that their investigations are ongoing.

A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said: ‘On Monday, 8 May 2017, officers from Greater Manchester Police (GMP) referred an allegation of rape to the Metropolitan Police.

‘A woman has alleged that she was raped by a man in his 50s.

‘The incident is alleged to have occurred in June 2016 at a location in Westminster.

‘Detectives from the Sexual Offences, Exploitation and Child Abuse Command are investigating.

‘A 50-year-old man voluntarily attended a central London police station on Monday, 15 May where he was interviewed under caution.

‘No arrests have been made and inquires continue.’

The politician, 50, who quit the Labour party last week after he was banned from standing in the election, is alleged to have assaulted a young woman last year

The politician, 50, who quit the Labour party last week after he was banned from standing in the election, is alleged to have assaulted a young woman last year

Today, the father-of-four was pictured arriving at Holborn Police Station in London, where he was quizzed for the first time since the allegations were made

Today, the father-of-four was pictured arriving at Holborn Police Station in London, where he was quizzed for the first time since the allegations were made

It's understood that Danczuk went to the police station voluntarily this morning

It’s understood that Danczuk went to the police station voluntarily this morning

Danczuk was reported to police on Monday, but he has slammed the allegations as ‘totally false’.

The former Rochdale MP, who plans to stand as an independent in the June 8 election, said that officers had not been in contact with him over the alleged incident.

He told the Daily Mail last week: ‘These allegations are totally false.

‘At a time when I’m being aggressively leant upon not to stand as an independent, so as to give the Labour Party an easy ride, I can’t help but find the timing of these allegations deeply suspicious.

‘There is only a day to go before candidates have to submit nomination papers and some people desperately want to stop me.’

Ex-MP Simon Danczuk faces police rape quiz after woman told police he attacked her in Westminster

Ex-MP Simon Danczuk faces police rape quiz after woman told police he attacked her in Westminster

Mr Danczuk confirmed his resignation in a letter to Labour general secretary Iain McNicol and chopped up his membership card 

Mr Danczuk confirmed his resignation in a letter to Labour general secretary Iain McNicol and chopped up his membership card

Mr Danczuk quit Labour after saying the party leadership was ‘obsessed’ with Karl Marx and communism and had ‘totally lost touch’ with 21st Century Britain.

He confirmed his resignation in a letter to Labour’s general secretary Iain McNicol and included his chopped up membership card.

In a statement, released on Monday, he made no direct reference to his continuing suspension from the party over allegations he sent sex texts to a teenager who had applied to work for him.

Mr Danczuk has been suspended since December 2015 over the scandal.

His exit from the party came as his estranged wife Karen failed in her bid to be selected as a Labour candidate for a constituency in Greater Manchester.

In March, Danczuk was spotted with his new fiancee, Charlene Meade, who he hoped to marry in Parliament

In March, Danczuk was spotted with his new fiancee, Charlene Meade, who he hoped to marry in Parliament

The self-styled ‘Selfie Queen’ had hoped to be chosen to stand for the party in Bury North.

The Danczuks divorced in 2015. Since then, Mr Danczuk has been linked to a string of women.

He was suspended over allegations he sent sext texts to then-17-year-old

Last year it was reported Mr Danczuk had sex with a 22-year-old woman on his desk in his constituency office after meeting just days earlier on Twitter.

However, the father of four now appears to have settled again with his new glamourous fiancée Charlene Meade, 31, who is almost 20 years his junior.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4508024/Ex-Labour-MP-Simon-Danczuk-quizzed-rape-allegations.html#ixzz4hBIMU1T8
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s